With chronic health issues, the reasons might elude you because of how long they’ve been occurring. Many chronic issues stem from diet because food and beverages are a daily constant in our lives.
When you have chronic health issues, one of the first things our Naturopaths look at is the diet. The effects of unhealthy eating habits can literally weigh on you and be the result of years of nutritional neglect.
Changing your diet has immediate effects, and a long term lifestyle change with a commitment to healthy eating can have dramatic changes, even eliminating chronic health issues.
Here are 8 reasons to change your diet now:
- Whether you experience seasonal allergies or all year around, allergies are a sign that your body is hyper sensitive. Allergies can appear as respiratory issues, watery eyes and/or skin issues like eczema. Identifying allergens can help to ease and even eliminate allergy symptoms.
- Digestive Issues. Chronic constipation or diarrhea? Acid reflux or indigestion? Digestive issues are commonly relieved by a change in diet, and the changes can usually be felt quickly.
- Body Odour. Changes in body odour can be a result of an unhealthy diet. Fungus like candida, or yeast, thrives in diets with high sugar and gluten. So do the bacteria that cause body odour.
- Lack of Energy. Can you sleep for hours but still wake up feeling tired, sluggish or exhausted? Toxic build up from an unhealthy diet can keep you from being effectively using the energy in your body. Changes in diet can rev up your engine again.
- Sleep Issues. Without a balanced diet, your body might have issues managing your energy requirements properly. You might wake up at night due to hunger or late/difficult digestion.
- Depression/Mood Issues. Food acts as a fuel for your body, supplying it with the necessary items like vitamins, proteins and minerals to run efficiently. Without proper diet, your body could be missing key elements to keep your nervous system stabilized. Being deficient in certain vitamins can affect your hormones and even your mood.
- Chronic Pain. An unhealthy diet could be causing you pain. Certain foods can be deadly for joints. Frequent headaches are commonly associated with issues with diet.
- It isn’t just about calories! A balanced and healthy diet takes into account everything your body needs to run properly, including healthy fats. If you’re eating a healthy diet and you still aren’t losing weight, you might actually be missing something vital, or a seemingly healthy food might be disastrous for your unique needs.
To jumpstart a change in diet, a cleanse or detox might be beneficial.
Colon hydrotherapy can help to quickly ease some of the above chronic health issues, along with a change in diet.
Never attempt a cleanse or detox without advice from your physician.